Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The waiting time

Jan was watching television when I arrived. She had her walker by her side. When she saw me coming out of the elevator, she stood up, walked about 5 to 8 meters without any help and said: where were you? She then, grabbed my arm and walked back to the chair. I was very impressed. She told me that she had learned some important things today from one of the therapists about walking straigt and this helped her a lot.

She showed signs of a short memory functioning well when she told me about the visit of Louise and her parents, about her classes and her version of why several of her neighbours are there. One of her roomates talked to about five different people for almost two hours non-stop! Jan has a keen sense of humour and laughs more often now. Maybe she will become a writer when she comes back home and write good comedy. For some reason, life was hilarious to her.

She has been practicing writing in her binder, but I noticed that visitors are not writing their impressions on Jan's progress or the words that she needs to learn. Remember that her rehab is everyone's job.

She went to bed at 7:55pm.

-Fede

No comments: