Thursday, May 18, 2006

Rest and grace

Dearest Jan, I found intriguing your interpretation on grace, as a fact in the past, something already given, just waiting for me to acknowledge and accept it. then, as a natural consequence, extend the same grace to others. What a simple, yet complex matrix on which to build a different reality.

I know you are a different woman today from the woman that three months ago landed in an operating table struggling to stay alive. Something has changed dramatically in your reality. This morning I asked you if you prayed, you answered: No. Then, I probed, how can you stay in touch with The Lord? You said, I don't need to, because He is all around me all the time. Whata reality changer thsi statement can be!

Today you were busy with occupational, speech and other activities. At the end of day, however, you found the right words to give DN the sermon of the day. Your speech was very clear and articulate. Another day closer to the end of May and your return home. I anxiously wait for that day.


-Fede

No comments: